LYONS CHAMBER PLAYERS RECORDING SESSION Below our samples of some of our live hall recordings:
* arranged for Lyons Chamber Players
** written for Lyons Chamber Players
1.Brahms: Hungarian Dance #1(1:19) *
4. Hake: Spanish Festival (1:49) **
2.Brahms: Serenade #1 mvt1(1:53) *
5. Wagner: Siegfried Idyll (2:45)
3. Bach: Brandenburg #2 mvt III w/ French Horn (0:34) *
6. Moore: EVI Cadenza (2:14) **
LYONS CHAMBER PLAYERS RECORDING SESSION
Below our samples of some of our live hall recordings:
1. Brahms' Hungarian Dance No. 1, in an original arrangement for the LCP for 12 instrumentalists, based on Brahms' own orchestration, mixes Magyar verve with improvisatory, gypsy-like touches such as might be heard in a village tavern.
2. Brahms' Serenade No. 1 is another inspired arrangement for the Lyons Chamber Players based on Brahms' unpublished original chamber version. Written for 11 players, it combines bucolic intimacy with symphonic richness; offering orchestral sonorities from the more economical forces of a chamber ensemble.
3. The finale from Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No. 2, daringly features solo French horn, rather than the usual trumpet; a feat only previously recorded by horn virtuoso Barry Tuckwell. Dating from 1721, it is the earliest work on the Demo CD.
4. The pops-concert flavored “Spanish Festival,” written for the Lyons Chamber Players in 2008 by American composer Ardell Hake, orchestrator for “The Simpsons” TV show, can round off a program in brilliant high spirits, guaranteeing an enthusiastic audience response.
5. Wagner’s “Siegfried Idyll,” written for his wife’s birthday, shows a tender and expressive side of the composer rarely encountered in his operas. It is heard here in the composer’s original version for 13 instruments.
6. The cadenza from “Awaken,” a concerto for EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument) written in 1993 by Lennie Moore and performed here by Lyons Chamber Players Music Director Douglas Lyons, is at the cutting edge of contemporary experimental yet accessible music, showcasing the instrument’s remarkable eight octave range. Moore is a leading, California-based, composer of music for video games. “Awaken” is a contemporary crowd-pleaser!A performance by the Lyons Chamber Players will enliven your concert series with an experience that your audience won’t soon forget. The Lyons Chamber Players ensemble is available for concerts, educational programs, tours, and film music recordings.
THIS WEBSITE IS FUNDED BY IRA AND LISA GWIN.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE LYONS CHAMBER PLAYERS, CONTACT US.
SITE CONTENT © COPYRIGHT 2006, DOUGLAS LYONS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. SITE DESIGNED BY: RUSSEM PRODUCTIONS.